- The role requires handling employee engagement activities as well as grievances of workforce.
- The duties of a Welfare Officer will be-
- To establish contacts and hold consultations with a view to maintaining harmonious relations between the factory management and workers
- To bring to the notice of factory management, the grievances of workers, individual as well as collective, with a view to securing their expeditious redressal and to act as a Liaison Officer between the management and workers
- To study and understand the point of view of the workers in order to help the factory management to shape and formulate worker policies and to interpret these policies to the workers in language they can understand
- To advise on the fulfillment by the concerned departments of the factory management of obligations statutory or otherwise concerning the application of the provisions of the Labour Laws and the rules made there
- Medical services concerning medical examination of employees, health records, medicine inventory, supervision of hazardous jobs, sick visiting, accident prevention and supervision of safety committees, systematic plant inspection, safety education, investigation of accidents etc.
- 6.to advise and assist the management in the fulfillment of its obligations, statutory or otherwise concerning prevention of personal injuries and maintaining a safe work environment.
- To encourage provision of amenities such as canteens, hostel facilities/ worker accommodation.
- To help the factory management in regulating the grant of leave guide the workers in the matter of submission of applications for regulating authorized absence;
- To advise on provision of welfare facilities such as housing facilities food-stuffs, social and recreational facilities and sanitation and on individual personal problems.
- Supervision and control of notice board and information bulletins; to further the education of workers and encourage their attendance at technical institutes
- Be there in the canteen during the meals and in case of any issue, the same to be sorted out and reported
- Take rounds in factory; check wash rooms; check the work of cleaners - ensure overall housekeeping.
- Room inspections of hostels, any abnormality to be addressed. Proper counseling regarding the need to have hygiene practices.
- Medical cases to be supported and reported
- Welfare activities - like birthday celebrations, visit to the local malls, organizing picnics, festivals etc
- Maintain Employee data and prepare weekly / daily MIS
- Preparation of daily reports
- Carry out routine compliance audit in factory and accommodation
- Uniform inventory and issuance
- Maintain a healthy and conducive work environment.
- Communicate policies, procedures, benefits programs to employees at all levels.
- Provide counsel to employees on disciplinary issues, work related issues, career enhancement and developmental opportunities within the company.
Additional Educational Requirements
- Bachelor degree in any discipline in Human Resource Management, Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Graduate/ PG in an HR/ IR program/ MBA - HR/ IR, Graduate/ PG Program in Social Welfare
- Skills Required: Labor Issuesbb
- At Least 6 Year(s)
- Both Male and Female can Apply
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
ABAP, Factory HR Administration, Training & Development, Welfare
- Only females are allowed to apply
- Candidate must have exp in Garment Industry.
- Good Exposure in worker's Counselling and Grievance handling
- Someone who has worked in a manufacturing environment with 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Needs to have good computer skills
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the company mission.
- Excellent follow-up ability
- Pleasant personality
- Have a can do spirit !
- Anywhere in Bangladesh
- Furnished accommodation, food, medical, transport and tax free salary
- Medical allowance
- Lunch Facilities: Full Subsidize
- July 31 2020
*Photograph must be enclosed with the resume.
Company InformationMust Garments Hongkong
Published on: April 16, 2020
Employment Status: Full-Time
Experience: At Least 6 Year(s)
Gender: Both Male and Female can Apply
Job Location: Anywhere in Bangladesh
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020
Shortlist This Job
Share by Email
View all jobs of this company
Report This Job
Courses from My Jobs
Certificate Course on Practical HR Operation
No. of Classes/ Session: 4
Last Day of Registration: 30 December, 2019